My co-workers and I recently published [1, 2, 3] some work on a family of Li-ion battery models that we have been developing, known as dual-continuum models.
I am now trying to integrate these into PyBaMM. I have just come across the model zoo, which I think is relatively new. The only model I can see in there right now is the linearised SPM. I am finding it a bit confusing using this example, since it takes quite a different form to my model. When coding my model in pybamm originally (just for my use) I followed the basic_dfn script for a guideline.
My question is this: would it be possible to add a model to the model zoo which follows the form of the basic_dfn script? What are the main things I would have to add or miss out to use this approach?
I just came across this post, immediately looked at your published work!
I am very curios about that model. I work on the modeling of dual-ion battery and I used DFN, SPMe for this type of battery. (I used the solid_Ion/basic_dfn code for my models) I had a problem with the solid phase modeling since the particles in the cathode are far from being spherical. They are very amorphous. For that reason I would really like to try out your model, since it looks like it performs better at moderate-to high C-rates and does it without simplification of the solid phase. (I have a dual-ion battery with slightly modified equations)
First, I am waiting for the model being part of the models in pybamm! Second, I would really like to talk about your work!
Thanks very much for the interest! Sound like an interesting application indeed.
Sure, I’ll let you know as soon as they are integrated into PyBaMM and would be happy to schedule a call with you to talk about the model. Where is best to contact you?